Best Recumbent Bikes to Consider Buying
What would be the best recumbent bike for you, depends mostly on what you need. Whatever, the core component that you need to look for in your recumbent bike is the flywheel. Just like any other stationary bike, the flywheel is the thing that makes or breaks the performance of a recumbent bike. A well machined and well-balanced flywheel can guarantee a smooth performance. Moreover, the weight of the flywheel dictates the amount of resistance available. Whatever, following this overview, you will find out that the expensive recumbent bikes are usually rich in features and more effective, but there are some cheap recumbent bikes as well that offers you a great performance. Now, let us go along this guide to learn about the best recumbent bikes in detail so that you can simplify your choice.
What to Know Before Buying the Product?
Recumbent bikes allow you to have a more natural sitting position as it has the pedal well in front of the seat. These exercise bikes usually have a more comfortable seat and backrest, which make them almost perfect for elderly people and adults who are suffering from back pain. We have presented the best recumbent bikes here in this overview, but your choice may vary with others because of your particular needs and preferences. This is why we are going to discuss the facts you need to consider before you go for a particular recumbent bike for your need.
While choosing the best recumbent bike for you, you need to consider how much weight the device is able to tolerate. In case you select a fancy one and get it delivered, you might get too disappointed to discover that you cannot use it in case your weight exceeds the maximum capacity of the bike. Most of the recumbent bikes have the ability to handle up to 300 pounds while some can cope with weights up to 400 pounds. Considering the right weight limit in your recumbent bike can maximize your workout conveniences
The main determination of why a lot of people prefer recumbent bikes to their upright counterparts is the comfort level they come with. Doctors or physios often counsels recumbent bike users not to have very high impact exercise which can affect their body. So, you need to consider the comfort level well enough.
You should get a recumbent bike having a soft cushioned seat so that you can unlock the best level of comfort while you are performing your workout. Plastic seats usually get uncomfortable when you use them for half an hour. Sometimes, you cannot even feel your legs. The best recumbent bikes keep you away from these issues and are ideal for older people who have lumbar support to protect against back pain. A recumbent bike that has a fan may not be the most necessary one, but it certainly works as a plus point and enhances your comfort.
Your physical condition is a vital thing that you need to evaluate before going for a recumbent bike. If you are too tall or overweight, a particular recumbent bike might not be suitable for you. You need to follow the doctor’s orders; you should not use your recumbent bike unless it allows for your limitations specifically.
Ease of Assembly
If you go for a recumbent bike that is not quite easy to assemble, you might have to spend some extra money to get someone to assemble it for you. There are a lot of bikes that come with assembly instructions, but it does not actually make them easy to set up. Especially, if you do not actually have much experience to set up home equipment, it would not come to any help at all. That is why you need to go for a recumbent bike that is easy to assemble in the first place.
Pros and Cons
Balancing the pros and cons that you might get from the owners, buyers, manufacturers and recumbent exercise bike reviews would help you to shorten your list as you get close to make your buying decision. Additionally, you might dispose of one brand over another just because you or the people you trust have had experience of buying recumbent bikes.
Recumbent bikes usually cost more than the upright bikes. However, spending more than the value you are going to get, would not be a good idea. Mostly, the cost of this workout equipment ranges from about $100 to about $600. The cheaper models mostly have the basic features, such as- an ordinary seat with backrest, a magnetic tension control system to help you determine your difficulty level, and a common LCD display.
The more expensive models come with some unique and attractive features, though you might not actually need them. These features include USB phone chargers, fans, Bluetooth connectivity, and sound systems. Whatever, if you do proper research, you might be lucky to get an affordable recumbent bike that offers these benefits also.
A warranty comes as a proof of the manufacturer’s trust in the product. Going for a recumbent bike that has a good warranty, would keep your worries away about the durability of the product.
How to Use and Maintain the Product?
You need to take good care of your recumbent bike to get the best out of them for a long time. For that, you need to follow certain measures. There are some maintenances that you need to do on a daily basis, while the other maintenances would be needed to perform weekly, monthly, and quarterly. Here we have sorted out the care and maintenance measures for you.
- You should resist any kind of dust build up. You can use a soft and clean cloth along with a non-abrasive liquid cleaner.
- You should wipe down the console, handlebars, covers, pedals, and seat daily as well as the other parts that you may have to come in contact with.
- You should vacuum the floor under and around the cycle, at least once every week.
- Check the screws that are mounting the console and the covers that ensure that they have not come loose. You can retighten them if it is required. Make sure not to overtighten as this might damage the plastics.
- Test the cycle in user mode to find out any faults, check if all of the buttons on the console are performing correctly.
- Check out if the mechanical components, such as seat adjustment, handlebars, pedals, and crank arm are performing properly. The resistance level of the bike should also be tested.
- Keep the potential problems, such as clicking pedals, faulty console or dead batteries in your consideration. In case you find out any kind of problems with them, you may need to have your bike repaired.
- Have a cautious look to be sure that the seat, pedals, and the covering shrouds, all are attached safely and securely.
- Go for a 15mm spanner to ensure that the pedals are attached to the crankshaft
- To search for any squeaking or grinding noises, perform an auditory check of your bike.
- Make sure that the machine is unplugged, then remove the shrouds and vacuum the inside of the bike carefully. Take help of a fine paintbrush to remove any kind of dust which may have built up.
- Clean away the grease accumulated from the inside of the shroud, using the manufacturer’s recommended cleaner and degreaser.
- In case you are using a chain driven bike, lubricate the chain with chain oil or three in one solution.
- If your exercise bike is belt driven, then check if the belt has got any kind of damage, such as frays or cracks.
- If you find out any damage to the belt or the chain, go for a repair as soon as you can possibly do.
- Take the help of a spanner to make sure that the crank assembly is tight. If a light touch can cause the crank to move around, then maybe you need to go for a new bearing.
- Before you replace the shrouds, make sure that you have connected the electrical connections correctly, and that there is no scorching of the tips.
If you follow these things properly, you can keep your recumbent bike in good condition for a long time, and thus you can enjoy the best performance from your recumbent bikes which would help you a lot to get the best out of your exercise.
We wish and expect that you are satisfied with the analysis we have provided in this overview. The products we have selected here are currently the best recumbent bikes the market has to offer. Whatever, we would like to share some more insights with you that we believe will be much helpful for you to make your purchasing decision easily and effortlessly, and without any confusion.
If you are looking for only the very best recumbent bikes on the market in terms of quality, then the best options for you can be Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike because of the comfort level and efficiency they offer. Looking for the most budget-friendly recumbent bike on the market? Then, the best choices for you should be Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Folding Recumbent Bike and Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike. These two recumbent bikes really serve a great performance at a surprisingly low price.
Looking for the most luxurious and elegant model? Then, the best options for you can be Universal R20 Recumbent Bike. Though it would cost you more than most of the other recumbent bikes on the market, the class it offers is worth to go for. Searching for the best quality but the price also matters? Then, the best decision for you should be going for FitDesk Desk Exercise Bike and Marcy ME-709 Recumbent Exercise Bike as they offer you great quality in an affordable price. We are done with our job, but the choice is still all yours to make. We believe that you will be able to find out the perfect recumbent bikes that you are looking for with the help of our overview.