ZA gorgeous steak with low expense and filled with nutrition without excessive fat is a dream for many. Flank steak can serve all of the purposes. Flank steak is by and large one of the least expensive cuts to buy.
Cooking this flank steak with mushrooms and onions is not only very easy but also a treat for the taste buds. The recipe of flank steak with mushrooms and onions can give you the proper nutrition without the fear of getting fat.
Healthy Flank Steak Recipes – Eat This, Not That
The cut of flank steak originates from the abdominal muscles of the animal, directly behind its chest. As you would expect from that muscle-y region, the meat can be to some degree chewier than different steaks. But, when cooked accurately, it’s not that tough. It stays delicate. What’s more, in light of the fact that the zone from which its cut gets a considerable measure of blood flow, you get some astound beef flavor that is unique to different cuts. Cooking flank steak with mushrooms and onions can be a piece of cake for many. With all the process included it takes only 35 minutes to serve a delicious flank steak at your dining table.
- One ounce(oz) flank steak
- One chopped onion
- 1 ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- One tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons blue cheese
- One tablespoon soy sauce
- Two tablespoons ground black pepper
- Two tablespoons garlic powder
- Two tablespoons table salt
How to Make
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat. Put mushrooms, onions, and soy sauce and olive oil in the pan. Stir occasionally.
- Cook until the onions get caramelized and the mushrooms get softened and turn into deeper brown. It will take roughly twenty minutes. The volume of the onions and mushrooms will extremely lessen as they cook.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, take the steak and rub its both sides with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Take a frying pan and get it to heat over medium flame. When the pan is hot, put the steak on the pan. Flip it after four minutes and cook for another three minutes. The cooking time of the flank steak may vary with the thickness.
- After removing the steak from the pan, let it rest for five minutes before cutting and serving
- Pour the onion and mushroom mixture over the steak and finish the process with the topping of blue cheese.
|Amount per 100 grams|
|% Daily value|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C||0%|
|Vitamin D 0%||Vitamin B-6||30%|
|Vitamin B-12 26%||Magnesium||5%|
Flank steak is produced using the cow’s abdominal muscle. It’s one of the most beneficial meat cuts—ounce for ounce; flank steak has fewer calories and more protein than a ribeye or porterhouse. It’s one of the great cuts—extremely lean and with a great deal of flavor on the off chance that you don’t overcook it and know how to cut it (over the grain).
The recipe of flank steak with mushrooms and onions is now revealed, and it couldn’t be much simpler than this. Enjoy cooking this delicious dish and the divine taste of flank steak without thinking much about gaining weight.